Thursday, May 3, 2018

One stamp set, ,many cards!

Hello!
I have some fun Mother's Day cards today using sentiments from the newly released 
 I started with the Mother definition stamp  and paired it 
with a die cut images from mft dienamics tea party die set.
I also added a strip of plaid patterned paper which I die cut using 
Craftangles 'scallopped edge die, for interest.
To me, the cup of tea represents the comfort of a mother's kitchen!
What do you think?



For the second card, I started with a grey card base on which I created a background  using a tiny flower  and twig stamp from the Hero Arts 'Everyday sentiments' stamp set, and , Versafine Smokey Gray ink to create a tone on tone look.
I took the sentiment from Craftangles 'Happy Mother's Day' stamp set and cut it apart so that I could separate the word mother from the rest of the sentiment.
Then, using my Misti, I stamped the sentiment (without the word 'mother') in Memento 'London Fog' ink. I then added the word 'mother' in place (and removed the rest of the sentiment) and stamped it using Memento 'Rose Bud' ink.
I then used the same to inks to stamp the little flowers and twigs to decorate the panel.
I added the word Mom, using a a die cut from Simon Says Stamp. 
I also cut the sentiment panel using Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die.
I finished the card using Craftangles cupcake pink sequins.




For the third card, I cut apart another one of the definition stamps from the 
Craftangles 'Happy Mother's Day' stamp set and stamped the sentiments individually 
on the arms of this fabulous swiss army knife die cut (Art Impressions).
I often do this to make the stamps more versatile. 
This is a 'His' version of this die...there is a hers version too..which I don't have, so I decided to make this a little girly..hence the pink!!

The stamps can easily be put back together to their original form..as you will see in the next card.
I used the Craftangles 'polka dots' stencil to create the background and added a white embossed sentiment  (from Art Impressions) to finish the card.



For the fourth card, I used the same definition stamp as above...
 from Craftangles 'Happy Mother's Day' stamp set.
I had cut it apart to use it above, I put it back together to stamp it on the card below.

I then stamped a border around the edge of the card panel using stamps from 
Stampendous' 'Hand of friendship' stamp set.
I water coloured the flowers and leaves and added some shiny brown sequins and the sentiment to finish the card!


For the last card, I stamped and die cut a small background panel using Simon Says Stamp
stitched square dies.
I stamped the sentiment (from the 'Happy Mother's Day' stamp set from Craftangles) at the bottom of the panel to create interest,
I stamped and coloured the books (from Three Room Studio's one more chapter stamp set), 
and added them like bookends to the sentiment, using 3D foam tape.
I then matted this panel using some black cardstock and adhered it to the card base using fun foam.

I added the Mother's  Day sentiment (from Craftangles 'Mom you rock' stamp set) to finish this simple CAS card.


I love that I have been able to create so many different types of cards 
with this super versatile stamp set 'Happy Mother's Day' from Craftangles.

I hope you enjoyed the cards. 
If you have any questions about my process, please leave me a comment.
I'd love to hear what you think too!

Thanks so much for stopping by...Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!