Monday, April 23, 2018

Embossing paste party!!

 Hello!

I am a little late to the embossing paste party, But, now that I am here, I am hooked!!!
Stencilling with embossing paste is addictive...as you can see!

I started out with a piece of craft card cut to 4.75"x4.75"
I used the Craftangles diamond fade stencil along with Dreamweaver embossing paste to create this awesome background!
Once dry (it took a couple of hours to be fully dry), I added the woman (stamped and fussy cut) and a heat embossed sentiment  from the Craftangles 'Life is pretty amazing' stamp set.


For the second card, I started with Craftangles 'Old Lace' card stock which I cut down to 3.75"x5.75" panel.
I used  tim Holtz mustard seed and  mowed lawn distress inks  and Peeled Paint distress oxide to create an ink blended panel.
I splattered some water over this panel and dabbed it off to create the splotchy look that I love.
I then added some Memento cantaloupe re inker to some embossing paste to create a coloured paste.
I then applied this paste over the Craftangles 'Butterflies and Bricks' stencil to create the brick texture.
Once dry, I stamped the foliage (Hot of the Press stamps) using my Misti tool.
I finished the card with a stamped sentiment from Craftangles 'Will you be mine' stamp set.


For the third card, I coloured the embossing paste using Memento 'Lulu Lavender' re inker. I then used the embossing paste partially over the Craftangles 'Triangles' stencil.
Once dry, I added the little stamped and die cut succulent (Lawn Fawn) as well as two sentiments from Craftangles. (Dad you rock and Life is Pretty amazing).
I finished the card by adhering it to a white 4"x6" top folding card base.


The last card, I decided, to make into a shaker!
I created an ink blended panel (3.75"x5.75") using Tim Holtz 'Picked Raspberry', 'Milled lavender' and 'Seedless preserves' distress inks.
I then used the Craftangles 'Overlapping stencil' and Dreamweaver embossing paste to create the background. Notice how some of the background colour has seeped into the embossing paste giving it a beautiful soft look.
Once dry, I die cut a circle from the panel to create a shaker window. 
I then stamped and fussy cut images from Lawn Fawn's 'Let's Roll' stamp set. 
I then stamped a sentiment from Craftangles 'Birthday Wishes' stamp set, which I die cut using a stitched banner die.
I filled the shaker with Craftangles 'Glitzy Gold' sequin mix. I pulled a few sequins from the mix, and adhered them to the from of the card to add some interest.
I think, this card along with its image and sentiment is my favourite! 
Which one is yours?!


As a bonus, I used the circle die cut from the card above to create a simple tag. 
I splattered some gold acrylic paint on the butterfly die cut and add a heat embossed sentiment in gold from Craftangles 'Everyday sentiments' stamp set.


I made this last tag using a scrap of the Craftangles 'Old Lace' cardstock.
I had some  cantaloupe coloured embossing paste left over after making the card above, so I applied it using the Craftangles 'Butterflies and Bricks' stencil onto the scrap.
Once dry, I die cut the scrap into a tag, added some gold string, a gold bell and gold embossed sentiment from Craftangles 'Everyday wishes' stamp set and  some Mayarts jute twine to finish the card.


I had the best time working on these cards!
I hope you will give this technique a try!!

Thanks so much for stopping by..
Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!