Thursday, March 15, 2018

Fun with Craftangles patterned papers!

Hello!
I had a blast this week, playing with Craftangles patterned paper!
I have made two cards from each pack of patterned paper to show off their versatility.

I started with  the "Floral Exotica"  (Black Edition) paper pack.
This paper pack is SO luxurious!! I really enjoyed working with it.
The cards I made are really simple...
For the first card, I chose Earl Grey Craftangles cardstock to match the patterned paper and used it to "mat" the patterned paper.
I then heat embossed a birthday sentiment  (from Craftangles 'Congratulations' and 'Everyday Sentiments' stamp sets) on vellum and wrapped it around this panel. 
I finished the card with matching pink enamel dots.




For the second card, I used Craftangles 'Aqua' cardstock to mat the black patterned paper. I also stamped the Aqua card stock with  a Hero arts background stamp in a tone on tone colour (Tim Holtz 'Peacock Feathers' distress ink) for some interest. 
I finished the card with some aqua enamel dots.

I wish I could photograph the papers in a way to show you how gorgeous they are to the touch...you will just have to get some for yourself to try them out!! 



For the next two cards, I have used the Craftangles "All for Love"  paper pack.

For the next card, I layered three sheets of Patterned paper.
I stamped the flowers from the Craftangles 'Mom you rock' stamp set on the paper with the smallest pattern, along with a birthday sentiment from Stampendous. 
I then cut the sheet at an angle to create some interest. 
I then placed this sheet over the black ruled sheet to make it pop. 
I then adhered the entire panel on the pink patterned paper and then adhered the entire panel on a white card base.
I finished the card by adding some matte enamel dots in two shades of pink.


The thing with making cards with patterned paper is that you end up with a lot of scraps!
For the next card, I used up a few scraps. 
I cut the scraps into strips (from the Craftangles "All for Love" stamp set) and layered them to create a panel. 
I then cut this panel at an angle to create some interest.
 I then matted this panel on a piece of black cardstock to make it pop.
Once this piece was cut to size, I added a couple of scraps of patterned paper as a final layer and adhered them all to the white card base.
I then stamped and die cut the cake (lightly watercoloured) from the Concord and 9th 'Eat Cake and Celebrate' stamp set, as well as the sentiment.
I felt, the image needed something to make it stand out so I die cut a piece of black cardstock with a scalloped oval die to place below the image.
Finally, I added some silver acrylic paint splatter and some black enamel dots to finish.

As you can see, I have used one paper pack to create two completely different of cards.


For the last two cards, I have used the Craftangles "Be My Valentine" paper pack.

For the first card, I die cut the word 'Happy' using the Winnie and Walter  word die
 out of the chevron patterned paper. 
I then cut it at an angle and layered it on the pink patterned paper. 
Then I inlaid the die cut bits into the word to make it readable.
I stamped and added the birthday sentiment and some lime green enamel dots to finish the card.


For the last card, I used the die cut from the card above and
 layered it with a piece of die cut fun foam to add dimension.
I created a background panel from Craftangles 'Earl grey' card stock,
 by stamping it with a Hero Arts background stamp and Memento 'London Fog' ink.
This created a tone on tone look.
I then layered this panel with a piece of red cardstock and adhered it to a white card base.
I finished the card with a birthday die cut (from Craftangles) and some white acrylic paint splatter.



I hope you enjoyed this blog post and will give these papers a try!
They are super fun!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!