Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hiking box card!

 Hello!!
I made a really fun box card  today!

It is for a friend who plans to hike in all the 50 states of America to celebrate her 50th birthday!

To start, I printed out a map of the USA on two sheets of A4 size smooth white card stock and used Lawn Fawn's scalloped box card die to cut out the box elements.


I then used the same type of card stock to cut out the interior elements of the box card.
I masked out clouds and blended the sky on three panels using Tim Holtz 'Faded Jeans' distress ink.
On the the 4th panel, I used Tim Holtz 'Brushed Corduroy' distress ink as I did on the inside support panels. I used Impression Obsessions 'Evergreen Trees' die to cut out trees in different shades of green to create a forest. To make the hiker, I used MFT Dienamics 'Boy meets girl' die set. I cut out the boy, and, using an image of a stick figure hiker as a reference, I cut the arms and legs and 
re-attached them to create the hiker. I used some acetate to support the hiker from behind.
I added water coloured and fussy cut images of binoculars and a compass and die cut birds (Recollections) in the background.
I then added a die cut Penny black birthday sentiment. 
I die cut the '50' from scraps that were left over of the map, using Lawn Fawn's 'Quinns 123' die set.


Finally I created a belly band on which I stamped sentiments from Technique Tuesday. I also distressed the belly band using Tim Holtz 'Vintage photo' distress ink.
I had more scraps of the USA map on hand, so, I decided to cut out a simple tag on which to write the greeting to the recipient.


This card has been so very satisfying to make!! I just love how it turned out.
I'd love to hear what you think!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!