Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Making Christmas cards using Craftangles Stencils

Hello!
As you can see, I have started making my Christmas cards well in time this year! 
Today, I am playing with five gorgeous stencils from Craftangles.

to start with, I used the 'Doodle around' stencil along with Memento summer sky ink to create a dreamy icy background for my skating girl (woodblock stamp from Studio G). 
I then stamped the image, 
coloured it and layered it using  Simon Says Stamp stitched square dies. 
I finished the card with a Christmas sentiment from Hero Arts and 
The card base is from Letz Craft.



For the second card, I used the 'Flourish' stencil from Craftangles
I heat embossed a sentiment from Hero Arts onto a strip of vellum and adhered it to the panel.
I then stamped and cut out the bench and lamp (Lawn Fawn) out of card stock as well as foam (for dimension) and adhered this above the sentiment panel.
To finish the card, I added some Craftangles clear sequins.


For the third card, I started out with the 'Argyle' stencil and Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink.
I distressed the edges of all the panels used in this card, as well as the card base, using Vintage photo distress ink, to create a vintage look. 
I also distressed the edges of the nutcracker doll (from Unity Stamp company)
I then layered the simon Says Stamp stitched die cut panels and the fussy cut image.
To finish the card I added a fern die cut (impression obsession) and added a bit of 
MayArts jute ribbon.



For my fourth card, I drew inspiration from paintings of the northern lights on Pinterest.
I used the 'Paisley' stencil and Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Picked Raspberries, Dusty concord, and Twisted Citron distress inks and distress oxides 
to create a look of the northern lights. 
I just love how this card turned out!!
I added some die cut silhouette Christmas trees from Impression Obsession 
a gold embossed sentiment  from Hero Arts, on a vellum panel 
and some Craftangles clear sequins to finish the card. 


For the fifth card, I used the "Floral Mesh" stencil from Craftangles along with 
I just love the bold colours. This is the first time I used a black card base, and I absolutely love it!!
For this card, I thought it best to just leave it with a simple gold embossed sentiment on a vellum panel and some gold sequins for interest.
The black card base is from Letz Craft.

                                           

I really enjoyed making these cards and I hope you like them too!
Do leave me a comment to let me know which one is your favourite!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!